- Do you offer VSAT services on Ku Band or C Band?
- We offer our VSAT satellite services on both Ku Band and C Band depending on your requirements.
- Does Telstream Telecoms do the installation of the VSAT equipment?
- Yes, we are able to install the VSAT equipment for you.
- Does Telstream Telecoms provide the hardware required for the VSAT satellite internet service?
- Yes, Telstream Telecoms provides all the required hardware for our VSAT satellite internet service.
- How are your satellite internet packages structured?
- Our packages are divided into maximum burstable up and down bandwidth e.g. 256/512 Kbps, with each package having an associated Committed Information Rate (CIR).
- How much bandwidth do I require to use VoIP?
- The CIR is critical when running application such as VoIP, which requires a guaranteed up/down bandwidth of 25 Kbps. A client using VoIP would have to start with a bandwidth of 256/256 Kbps on a contention of 10:1 (CIR of 25/25 Kbps).
- I have my own hardware, would it work with your VSAT satellite internet service?
- Depending on the hardware you have, yes it would work for our VSAT satellite internet service. Please contact us with the details of your hardware and we will be able to let you know whether or not it is compatible.
- I would like to perform my own site survey and installation of the VSAT equipment myself, is this possible?
- Yes, you can install the VSAT equipment yourself or arrange for a third party installer to do the site survey and VSAT installation for you. Telstream Telecoms cannot then be liable for poor system performance.
- In which countries do you offer your satellite internet services?
- African countries we are able to provide VSAT satellite coverage to:
Central African Rep
Dem. Rep. Congo (Zaire)
São Tomé and Principe
- Is there a limit to the amount of data I can send or receive using the VSAT service?
- No, all of our services are "uncapped" - you can send and receive as much data as you wish - some services do however have a fair usage policy to prevent abuse.
- On which satellites do you offer your VSAT services?
- We offer our VSAT satellite internet services on the following satellites (see our Coverage page for more information):
- Upon which platform do you offer your VSAT services?
- We offer our VSAT services on both the iDirect Infinity and iDirect Evolution platforms.
- What hardware is required to make use of your Ku Band VSAT satellite internet service?
- The following hardware is required to make use of our Ku Band VSAT satellite internet service:
3 Watt BUC
A suitable mount
iDirect 3100 Modem or iDirect X3 Evolution modem depending on the satellite being used
- What is the Committed Information Rate (CIR)?
- The CIR is the amount of guaranteed bandwidth associated with a package. The contention ratio determines he CIR. Our satellite internet packages are structured such that the bandwidth divided by the contention ratio equals the CIR. For example a package of 128/256 Kbps on a contention of 10:1 will have a CIR of 12.8/25.6 Kbps - this is the guaranteed minimum.